We are looking for 10 volunteers to reinforce our group of alpha testers. In the past few months we have been testing with 6 to 12 players to find bugs in our systems and test new features. Now we want to expand these tests to find out how balanced the systems and the map(s) are. Therefore want to invite you, who are dwelling these forums, first.
If you choose to apply for this role, please note that in order for us to run these playtests successfully and well managed, we must ask you actively participate in several ways.
- We expect a willingness to commit to attend the tests regularly where possible and communicate to us, if you cannot attend them.
- We also would like you to regularly post feedback either in the closed playtest group on Discord or on the forums, so we can track issues and make the most of your feedback and provide you with a great experience.
- You need to be at least 18 years old, as you are required to sign an NDA
- You need to carefully read, fully understand and sign the NDA with your full name.
- Besides that, you need to have a minimum level of decency and maturity and be able to listen to us, so we can change focus of the tests as we need. Interrupt a match for example to test a specific issue without someone trolling it.
- The tests are every sunday 19:00 CET. Please be sure that you can participate regularly, for preparing and managing these tests is very time consuming.
- That also means that you should check the forums and Discord for the download link we provide well in advance of the tests early enough to download the game before we test. The tests start at that time and we will not wait for everyone to download.
- Last but not least: No, this is not a job offer, there is no money involved.
To run RnL on low detail, you require a PC that fulfills these specs: A quad-core with 2.4GHz, 4 to 8 gigs of Ram and a Videocard around the level of an Nvidia 650 as well as about 1.8 gb of hard disk space. Please note that we have not yet optimized the game yet in any way, so the final specs may be lower as well as your first experience with it can be less than optimal.
How will this work?
- We will collect all those who want to help in a list. First come, first serve
- We will go over that list internally and choose the people to be invited
- The lucky ones will be contacted on here and be sent the NDA, which will have to be signed and returned to an email address that we provide
- Should you not hear back from us short term, don’t worry, we are slowly going to ramp up the tests until we have a stable outcome of ~30 testers every week, so you will very likely get your chance, too.
- Once signed, we will invite you to our private steam group, test forums and discord channel
- Every sunday at about 17:00 CET a thread will pop up in the forums with the latest test build and a small change log that details what has changed since last week. Again, make sure to start downloading the build early enough to be able to participate 2 hours later.
Now, happy replying to this thread here and hope to see you guys soon.