British Soldiers playermodels

A forum to discuss custom 3D models made for modding RnL
hackettsgarden

British Soldiers playermodels

Postby hackettsgarden » 1. Feb 2017, 00:47

Evening Lads !

I'd give few words and pictures following the title , but before that , let me introduce myself briefly !
I'm Hackettsgarden , mid twenty , history fan ( especially both world wars ) , and also of course a RnL player ! ( ok , that was long )

If I remember correct , you guys ( dev team ) are using UE4 to make the game. As a blender modeller ( and a massive texture failman) , I took the
initiave to start modelling out british player models . That's just a first shot , but the brodie helmet isn't done so far, got the rest to finish up ! As mentioned , I tend to put the texture part aside so if anyone would like to join up to texture this 3d cube , let me know. I could also help the dev team
with props modelling !

I'll update the post with any advances

(What you see next to the helmet would be a helmet cover, and properly texture this might be a great helmet netting..or not)

TimothyTheAdventurer
Community Manager

Re: British Soldiers playermodels

Postby TimothyTheAdventurer » 1. Feb 2017, 09:04

Cool that you are trying to make a British playermodel!

Unfortunately, we cannot use British models/equipment in the foreseeable future.

Also if you wanna have a chance to help, you should definitely learn to unwrap and texture!
Community Manager - Resistance And Liberation

hackettsgarden

Postby hackettsgarden » 1. Feb 2017, 09:56

Oh I can unwrap , I meant making decent and realistic looking texture !

Stefan
Site Admin

Postby Stefan » 1. Feb 2017, 10:27

If I remember correct , you guys ( dev team ) are using UE4 to make the game. As a blender modeller ( and a massive texture failman) , I took the
initiave to start modelling out british player models . That's just a first shot , but the brodie helmet isn't done so far, got the rest to finish up ! As mentioned , I tend to put the texture part aside so if anyone would like to join up to texture this 3d cube , let me know. I could also help the dev team
with props modelling !
Hello Hackettsgarden and welcome to the forums :)

Good start and don't worry, we cannot texture for the sake of our lives either :D That's where the substance tools come in handy. If you want to go anywhere with that skill, I have to second Tim, you will probably want to learn texturing in the near future, as it also feeds back into your UV mapping skill and eventually even mesh modeling - they're all connected in one way or another.

As said, we will focus on the 82nd (and maybe 101) paratrooper divisions for the immediate future, until we are satisfied with the number of battles we have covered for them. That said, I do want to bring RnL into the unreal modding space, which means that anyone who want to can make maps, character models and their own weapons, to provide fully featured scenarios outside of the 82 and 101 space.

Keep it up :)

hackettsgarden

Postby hackettsgarden » 1. Feb 2017, 22:16

Thank you ! :D

if you need a hand with props or player model let me know , I could put the British mod aside and work on yours !

hackettsgarden

Postby hackettsgarden » 7. Feb 2017, 21:03

Updates !

Very few advances on the model

Things still look bit squary which is normal since I haven't performed my sculpting pencil yet :p

Iceey

Postby Iceey » 8. Feb 2017, 01:05

Give him some space under those clothes :D

hackettsgarden

Postby hackettsgarden » 8. Feb 2017, 12:59

Should I? I heard they fought in yoga pants tho..

Joke, I know don't worry , thats why I said I haven't used my sculpting pencil yet ( or slightly ) :p

Stefan
Site Admin

Postby Stefan » 8. Feb 2017, 15:37

Give him some space under those clothes :D
It's done on purpose, to scare those Germans, you know?

SkaveRat

Postby SkaveRat » 10. Feb 2017, 13:15

dunno. spandex is quite comfy. just keep it

Return to “3D Art”