British 3rd ID

A section to discuss clans and recruit new members
Troy3rdID

British 3rd ID

Postby Troy3rdID » 22. Nov 2016, 12:59

Ello ello, i'm sure there are a few old 3rd ID members knocking about on here, if there is any of you old cunts fancy starting something semi serious on this game when its brought out, add me back on steam! Maybe 1 night a week.

For anyone who probably has no idea what the 3rd ID is, alot of the units on the current RnL units use our original training map and tend to play falaise zombies which was also created by a member.

May start actively recruiting when the game is fully released, not entirely sure as of yet, but keep a eye out

Oh and please refrain from teamkilling, mic spamming and using the word clan :D :lol:

Games looking awesome so far, its got that alpha 4 feel, did love the alpha, and to any devs that read this, before development stopped on source, there was a unfinished map called carentan causeway, i was given the file for the map a good few years ago and it was by far the most realistic and creative map i'd seen, would be quality seeing something on that scale on the new RnL :) Good luck chaps, buzzing for the release

CrashUk

Re: British 3rd ID

Postby CrashUk » 22. Nov 2016, 14:02

I come back to the clan. See if we can sort out a sever.

Newty
Level Designer

Postby Newty » 23. Nov 2016, 11:43

Hi there Troy,

Good to see your still alive! As you can see im now a dev working on this game,

I was the 3rd ID MG gunner, - L/Cpl. R. Newton [3rd ID] [F] at time of disbanding! If you send me that carentan causeway i can take a look as i just got source engine working again for a charity project im doing abroad currently - i'll have a look and we'll get back to you!
cookies forever

Stefan
Site Admin

Postby Stefan » 23. Nov 2016, 11:53

Well, welcome guys :D

Yeah, I remember Carentan Causeway. We tested it intensely and then decided to cut out the causeway section, leaving the fields and farms, for the Allies lost most of their tickets before they could ever reach the first capture zone. Was an experience that was great for one go (i.e. singleplayer) and then turned dull really fast. Reason for that is that the design philosophy behind it at the time was: "The battle was a blood shed, so it needs to feel like one in game, too!". We cut it in the end - I think this map was never released officially either.

Anyway, we're going to look into all of them for the standalone version and see what we can carry over and what we need to improve :) It might still be fun, if we manage to balance the causeway section.

SkaveRat
Developer

Postby SkaveRat » 23. Nov 2016, 14:08

was that the one with the stuka in the beginning?

Troy3rdID

Postby Troy3rdID » 23. Nov 2016, 20:05

God it's been a while crash! And newton you little handy man, Yeah will have a look about on my old pc for the file like, should be there somewhere, good to see some decent progress lads, keep it up eh!

Stefan
Site Admin

Postby Stefan » 24. Nov 2016, 10:06

was that the one with the stuka in the beginning?
Yeah, indeed. Not sure if it was a Stuka or a Messerschmidt. Either way, it repeatedly went across the causeway, taking one team out

Newty
Level Designer

Postby Newty » 24. Nov 2016, 10:06

@troy haha yeh thanks, i would love to join back in but not sure how much free time i'll have! And yeh have a look, if you cant find it no worries!
cookies forever

smith1215

Postby smith1215 » 1. Dec 2016, 23:54

I remember, you all. I'm glad to see old faces returning, and the community growing. I was in the 504th PIR before it went defunct.

Stefan
Site Admin

Postby Stefan » 2. Dec 2016, 10:31

I remember, you all. I'm glad to see old faces returning, and the community growing. I was in the 504th PIR before it went defunct.
Same here. We'd be happy to see some new and clans play this game again and form a core part of the community :)

Return to “Clans”