Private playtest group: Reinforcements needed!

Discuss anything related to RnL
TimothyTheAdventurer
Community Manager

Private playtest group: Reinforcements needed!

Postby TimothyTheAdventurer » 26. Jan 2017, 12:24

Dear community!

We are looking for volunteers to reinforce our group of alpha testers. In the past few months we have been testing with 6 to 12 players to find bugs in our systems and test new features. Now we want to expand these tests to find out how balanced the systems and the map(s) are. Therefore want to invite you, who are dwelling these forums, first.

If you choose to apply for this role, please note that in order for us to run these playtests successfully and well managed, we must ask you actively participate in several ways.
  • We expect a willingness to commit to attend the tests regularly where possible and communicate to us, if you cannot attend them.
  • We also would like you to regularly post feedback either in the closed playtest group on Discord or on the forums, so we can track issues and make the most of your feedback and provide you with a great experience.
  • You need to be at least 18 years old, as you are required to sign an NDA
  • You need to carefully read, fully understand and sign the NDA with your full name.
  • Besides that, you need to have a minimum level of decency and maturity and be able to listen to us, so we can change focus of the tests as we need. Interrupt a match for example to test a specific issue without someone trolling it.
  • The tests are every sunday 19:00 CET. Please be sure that you can participate regularly, for preparing and managing these tests is very time consuming.
  • That also means that you should check the forums and Discord for the download link we provide well in advance of the tests early enough to download the game before we test. The tests start at that time and we will not wait for everyone to download.
  • Last but not least: No, this is not a job offer, there is no money involved.
In return we will have you participate in our weekly playtests, getting access to the latest build of RnL, have insight in how we develop it and give you a chance to help us shape it with your feedback.

To run RnL on low detail, you require a PC that fulfills these specs: A quad-core with 2.4GHz, 4 to 8 gigs of Ram and a Videocard around the level of an Nvidia 650 as well as about 1.8 gb of hard disk space. Please note that we have not yet optimized the game yet in any way, so the final specs may be lower as well as your first experience with it can be less than optimal.

How will this work?

• We will collect all those who want to help in a list. First come, first serve
  • We will go over that list internally and choose the people to be invited
  • The lucky ones will be contacted on here and be sent the NDA, which will have to be signed and returned to an email address that we provide
  • Should you not hear back from us short term, don’t worry, we are slowly going to ramp up the tests until we have a stable outcome of ~30 testers every week, so you will very likely get your chance, too.
  • Once signed, we will invite you to our private steam group, test forums and discord channel
  • Every sunday at about 17:00 CET a thread will pop up in the forums with the latest test build and a small change log that details what has changed since last week. Again, make sure to start downloading the build early enough to be able to participate 2 hours later.
Those who fail to attend for several times in a row or do not show up after getting access to the build to begin with, will be replaced.

Now, happy replying to this thread here and hope to see you guys soon.
Last edited by TimothyTheAdventurer on 5. Feb 2018, 11:27, edited 1 time in total.
Community Manager - Resistance & Liberation

Simon445

Re: Private playtest group: Reinforcements needed!

Postby Simon445 » 28. Jan 2017, 18:18

I would like to volunteer.

FrazierGamingHD

Postby FrazierGamingHD » 29. Jan 2017, 15:12

I would like to volunteer

roopejoulupukki

Postby roopejoulupukki » 30. Jan 2017, 17:30

I would like to volunteer

North_Dumpling

Postby North_Dumpling » 30. Jan 2017, 17:36

I would like to volunteer and participate in the test. I also participated in RS2 alpha(NDA) tests myself and have an expirience in modding as well as developing schedules/mapping/making priorities(In a HotW team).
Last edited by North_Dumpling on 30. Jan 2017, 17:39, edited 1 time in total.

lokkdokk

Postby lokkdokk » 30. Jan 2017, 17:37

Lightning

Postby Lightning » 30. Jan 2017, 17:39

I wish to volunteer and help out.

Stefan
Site Admin

Postby Stefan » 30. Jan 2017, 17:52

Welcome and check your private messages, guys :)

MsV-Nco

Postby MsV-Nco » 30. Jan 2017, 18:49

I would like. Really. But i don't know if my intel hd graphic :oops: will support it.

RickysCoffey

Postby RickysCoffey » 30. Jan 2017, 23:37

Nice!

Return to “General Discussion”